top of page

Y.E.A. North America

Public·8 students

Dobrynya Krasilnikov
Dobrynya Krasilnikov

Teens Like Big

Doctors sometimes call Klinefelter syndrome "XXY." Instead of one X and one Y chromosome like most guys have, guys with Klinefelter syndrome are born with an extra "X" chromosome in most or all of their cells.

teens like big

When puberty starts and guys' bodies begin to make sex hormones, boys with Klinefelter usually don't produce as much of the male hormone testosterone. That doesn't make a guy less male, but it can affect things like penis and testicle growth, and growth of body hair and muscles. Boys with Klinefelter syndrome may also have problems with attention, speech development, and learning word skills like spelling, reading, or writing.

Klinefelter syndrome isn't passed down through families like some genetic diseases. Instead, it happens randomly from an error in cell division when a parent's reproductive cells are being formed. If one of these cells is part of a successful pregnancy, a baby boy will have the XXY condition.

Since high-school life often revolves around schoolwork and sports, guys with Klinefelter may feel like they don't fit in or lack self-confidence. But, as men, most have normal friendships and relationships.

Most teens with Klinefelter syndrome aren't likely to have major health problems. But the condition can bring challenges later in life. For example, guys with Klinefelter syndrome may be more likely to get some types of cancer and other diseases, like type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis, a condition where the bones become weaker later in life.

It's not easy to feel like you're developing differently from other guys. Guys with Klinefelter syndrome are more likely to have low self-confidence or shyness, which can make things harder. Counselors and therapists can give guys practical skills to help them feel more confident in social settings.

How do we engage people, especially teens, in solutions and action about #waterrisks and #climatechange, some of the most critical issues we face? Some teens recently shared their thoughts with me on this - and it's old-school, and also semi-revolutionary.

Many people find it overwhelming and many would rather not think about the huge issues humanity faces - the problems are quite daunting and people feel alone in their "isolated" actions. What happens when we bring those isolated people and actions together? And what if they're teens?

Hold on. Conversations with actual humans? Yes. Not #instagram or #tiktok #socialmedia videos and motion graphics, but conversations with other teens working on similar and sometimes very different water solutions. At our meetings, we share stories about what they're working on or want ideas and support for. And these teens are interested in solving BIG problems in their communities, like pollution, sanitation, access. So it's not light chitchat.

Now how do we scale peer-to-peer teen conversations enough to help solve what's ahead? We need everyone for #cleanwaterforall - especially teens who will inhabit this planet far into the future.

Every time you go shopping, you share intimate details about your consumption patterns with retailers. And many of those retailers are studying those details to figure out what you like, what you need, and which coupons are most likely to make you happy. Target , for example, has figured out how to data-mine its way into your womb, to figure out whether you have a baby on the way long before you need to start buying diapers.

So the Target philosophy towards expecting parents is similar to the first date philosophy? Even if you've fully stalked the person on Facebook and Google beforehand, pretend like you know less than you do so as not to creep the person out.

I'm a freelance journalist covering technology for several outlets, both in English (Zdnet, techPresident) and Italian (La Stampa, l'Espresso, Corriere della Sera and others). I was a Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism fellow in 2013. You can find my research on journalism and content curation here. I like to write about the impact of technology on society. I'm amazed and fascinated by how our relationships, our jobs, our daily lives are now shaped by it. But technology, for me, it's just a means to an end, not an end in itself. To be clear: I don't care about the latest smartphone, unless it provides real value and improves the quality of my life. You can follow me on Twitter at @fede_guerrini and learn more about me visiting my LinkedIn. For story pitches reach me here: stories (at) onthebrink.it

Social media has given teens the ability to instantly connect with others and share their lives through photos, videos and status updates. Teens themselves describe these platforms as a key tool for connecting and maintaining relationships, being creative, and learning more about the world. But they also must contend with more negative aspects of social media use, such as drama and bullying or feeling pressure to present themselves in a certain way.

There are some age and gender differences in the topics teens share on social media. Older teens are more likely than their younger counterparts to post about their romantic relationships: 26% of teens ages 15 to 17 say they post about their dating life on social media, compared with 16% of 13- to 14-year-olds.

Although the proliferation of smartphones has given teens the ability to constantly share different aspects of their lives, this survey finds that many teens regularly forego posting selfies, videos or other updates of their lives to social media.

There is some demographic variation in the types of content teens say they post to social media. Girls are much more likely than boys to post selfies: Six-in-ten girls say they often or sometimes do this, compared with 30% of boys. And while two-thirds of black teens and about half (51%) of Hispanic teens report regularly sharing selfies on social media, that share drops to 39% among white youth. Black teens are also much more likely than whites to say they at least sometimes post things they want to go viral (41% vs. 25%). 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Students

Carol Witt

727-871-0205

©2019 by Y.E.A. Entrepreneurship Program

bottom of page